Thousands of people all across India, who own pets especially dogs and cats dream to be able to travel with them. But, unfortunately, there are very limited resources and information about ‘how to travel with your dog?’
There are in total only three modes of communication and you can only take your pet along with you via cars, trains, and flights.
Here’s how you can carry your pet on a flight:
Dogs are permitted on almost all the flights with rules being different on different airlines, the major ones are Air India and Spicejet!
Rules for Airlines:
Domestic pets such as dogs, cats, and birds are permitted on Air India flights in the cabin or as checked in baggage depending on the regulations of the country of destination subject to the following conditions:
- Properly carried in soft ventilated bags/kennel in the prescribed size. (kennel size not to exceed 18″ x 18″ x 12″).
- The pet must be properly muzzled and leashed and the weight of the pet including the container should not exceed five kgs. Pet will be carried at an additional charge and will not be included in the free baggage allowance.
- Valid health and rabies vaccination certificates.
- Entry permits and other documents required by countries of entry or transit
- Pet accepted at owner’s risk and Air India will not be responsible in the event of such pets being refused entry into or passage through any country or territory
- The owner will be responsible for compliance with all governmental customs and health requirements, including quarantine arrangements at destinations.